Friday, February 10, 2012

Bon Voyage

Rileigh was gifted an extraordinary gift from her grandparents - a trip to Boston for the weekend. It was a pretty big deal going away without her mom or Dad. SHe is handling it like a champ. Before she left Jeff wanted to get a few things (such a sweetheart). His ideas included a book about Boston and a necklace with his phone number. He picked out the book and ordered the necklace, and I helped with wrapping and deocrating a bag. I did pick up a journal and pen to finish out the gift. He gave it to her after dinner the other night, and from his description she was super excited. She's been gone for 7 hours and has called twice. I guess she really likes the necklace that has his phone number engraved. (ugh, I forgot to take pictures of the gifts before I wrapped them or once they were wrapped.)


I re-purposed this REI bag - covered it with a piece of purple cardstock. I used a Recollections border punch on the top and the Martha Stewart loop punch on the bottom. Using the Life is a Beach cart and the Title Words feature cut Bon Voyage at 3" from purple cardstock outlined with a white gel pen. I carefully cut out the words, preserving the boat for a possible future need. I ran the title through the Polka Dots embossing folder.





I cut the R with the Storybook cart at 3" from turquoise cardstock, then I cut an R using the shadow feature from deep purple cardstock. Lastly I cut the R using the Accent/Fram feature from a scrap of medium blue cardstock. I used my trusty ATG to adhere all the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment