Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Birthday treats

To celebrate Mr. Randall's birthday I bought a big box of single serve Cheez-it's (thanks Costco) and raided my paper scraps to make some bag toppers. I cut the scraps at 2" wide and 5" long. Then I scored the piece at 1". In retrospect I should have done 3 or 3.5" wide to have enough room to use a border punch, but not this time ;) I used a clear Happy Birthday stamp and using black Staz-on ink stamped most of the toppers. For the dark purple ones I used a white ink pad. Then I used a Sizzix die to cut the present, I used a ton of paper scraps for these. Sometimes I wonder why I hold onto all these scraps, but then I come up with something and am glad I am not using whole sheets of paper. I used some gel pens to add a little definition and affixed the present to the topper with a glue dot. I stapled the topper onto the bag, and viola cute gifts for the 4th & 5th graders at Forrestal

No comments:

Post a Comment