Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Maddox's Birthday Invite


I decided it was time for Jeff & my extended families to get together again - and the best way is for the kids. Maddox's birthday is in June, so we are going to have family birthday party at our house. Jeff & I made the invites. I knew I wanted to use a pirate map with an "X". My very crafty husband came up with the idea to add the palm tree and the map lines, and the paper choice was his. The map idea was more work than I had planned. Originally I wanted to cut a map with my cricut - but I couldn't find a .cut file or .svg, and all my attempts at tracing were for naught. In the end I found a map I liked with google images, printed it, cut it out, then traced it onto cardboard, and cut it out as a template. I printed all the invtes out on parchment paper. Used my template to trace the map. Cut it out, inked the edges (with different shades of brown), crumpled the map, and added the decorations. The skull was cut from Indie Art, and the palm tree and X are from Life's a Beach. The map lines are freehand.
Maddox hasn't seen the finished product yet - but he was super excited at the concept.
I stuck a random piece of paper across the middle (to block details, sorry) while I would love for you all to join us, there will be more than enough nuttiness with both our families without adding the blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment