Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am a little late in posting that, but the sentiment is genuine.
I am going to work harder to keep my blog up to date.
To that end, I would like to share 2 of my newest purchases.
Yesterday I purchased the Gypsy for $50. I had no inclination to own a Gypsy, but for the price, how could I turn it down? Thanks Mom & Dad, I used my birthday money ;)
I originally did not plan on investing in a Gypsy, because while I love my Cricut I don't really use it to create lay-out's. I cut images and words, and I have found SCAL to have many more options. But I am going to work really hard to read about the Gypsy this week, and maybe dazzle myself.
My other big purchase was some Papertrey stamps. I previously mentioned that I am not a big stamper, I find it messy and I smear ink, and I am never patient enough to let the ink dry. I use digi stamps, which I love. I used some Staz-On ink, and I realized that the quality and type of ink used really make a difference (duh I know, but there I haven't come across Stamping for Dummies).
Recently I saw a card over here, and I loved how she uses stamped sentiments. So I hopped over to Papertrey and saw tons of fun stuff. Since I had some success with Staz-On ink, I decided to take the plunge. I picked out 5 sets of stamps and will be playing with those in the coming days.
For Christmas Jeff bought me some Staz-On ink pads so I hope I will be successful.
Tonight I should be back to show off the cute snowman clothes pins the kids made.

No comments:

Post a Comment