Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Learning to Skate LO


This is a LO I made for Rileigh's scrapbook. Jeff & I took the kids skating after Christmas, and the kids were so excited to try skating. Rileigh did not fall down much, we worked on the basics - step, step, slide. She enjoyed holding on to her Dad and me more than skating! We had so much fun, and they still talk about it. Jeff & I had to work on our patience skills while the kids learned to skate.
For the LO, I embossed the photo mats with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. The white and blue snowflakes are cut from Sizzix dies, which I layered and embellished the centers with rhinestones. I cannot recall where I found the skate file online, but I cut it with SCAL. I used silver Blings to colors the skate blades, and used some thread to make laces. The skates are pop dotted on some scalloped oval nesties. The background is stamped with white and silver snowflakes, to which I added some ultra fine Martha Stewart glitter. As an added touch I tied some silver ribbon below one of the photo mats. Not typical Rileigh colors - but I think it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment