Thursday, February 25, 2010

More St Patrick's Day cards

Here is another card using the "Lucky Bear" image from Nina over at TMITA. I have been looking at how other people color, and noticed that most "finish" the background whereas - I normally leave the background white. So I tried something different, I used a yellow colored pencil and some OMS around the bear, and a yellowish-green around the grass. I sponged brown around the whole image, and though it doesn't look near as nice as most, if I practice more I might get better.



This card and the next three are pretty c&s. I cut the shamrocks out with my Cricut and mounted them on different DCWV Designer Stack papers. Ribbon is from Paper Source, the glittery shamrock came in a pack of 10-12 at HL ($1.19 with 40% off coupon). I ran the shamrocks through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I found the Irish proverb for the above card online, and printed it out.




I think this last one is my favorite - I really like how it turned out with the colors and the layered nesties.

1 comment:

  1. Yep,you did a great job on this one too! Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete