Wednesday, February 24, 2010
This week the challenge over at http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/ includes using "Lucky Bear" and any techniques for distressing. I am not a fan of distressing - well maybe that's not accurate, I don't mind admiring others' distressed works, but I have issues "destroying" my projects. I am the type of person who will restaple a stack of papers if they are not perfectly lined up. I normally would have shied away from this sketch, but in that it one of my personal goals to keep crafting (and this weekly challenge is my main motivator) I tried it. I did visit Nilla's Distressing tutorial over at http://nillascraftroom.blogspot.com/ for help/guidance, and I found do like the look of the distressing tool from Making Memories (maybe distressing wouldn't be so bad with it, thanks for enabling me)- however I made do with scissors (not fun) on both the green cs and scrap dp. I also used my emery board to sand the scallops on the green nesties. I was tempted to crumple the whole thing up and hide, but then I saw some ribbon and thought frayed ends distress me (ha ha)- so they must count, and added green and white ribbon. I colored the bear with copics, and added some green stickles to the balloon. In the end it wasn't as painful as I thought, so maybe ripping some white paper for snowhills is better then rounded perfect hills - I will try that soon. I rambled more than usual in this post, so I do apologize for that. Thanks for looking.