Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TMITA Challenge


This week the challenge over at http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/ includes using "Lucky Bear" and any techniques for distressing. I am not a fan of distressing - well maybe that's not accurate, I don't mind admiring others' distressed works, but I have issues "destroying" my projects. I am the type of person who will restaple a stack of papers if they are not perfectly lined up. I normally would have shied away from this sketch, but in that it one of my personal goals to keep crafting (and this weekly challenge is my main motivator) I tried it. I did visit Nilla's Distressing tutorial over at http://nillascraftroom.blogspot.com/ for help/guidance, and I found do like the look of the distressing tool from Making Memories (maybe distressing wouldn't be so bad with it, thanks for enabling me)- however I made do with scissors (not fun) on both the green cs and scrap dp. I also used my emery board to sand the scallops on the green nesties. I was tempted to crumple the whole thing up and hide, but then I saw some ribbon and thought frayed ends distress me (ha ha)- so they must count, and added green and white ribbon. I colored the bear with copics, and added some green stickles to the balloon. In the end it wasn't as painful as I thought, so maybe ripping some white paper for snowhills is better then rounded perfect hills - I will try that soon. I rambled more than usual in this post, so I do apologize for that. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job! I know there are lots of gals out there that get distressed when they have to distress...lol!!! Your Lucky Bear is as cute as can be, and I love your fraying ribbon too! Thanks for joining in the challenge at TMITA/PCC this week! Come back again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute as can be! You did a super job on your distressing!Thanks so much for joining us at TMITA/PCC!I off to check out the other card you made with this image... aren't they just fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it may have been "distressing" to get through but you did an absolutely FABULOUS job with all of your distressing! Great take on that layout and that pp is adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC and hope you and make it back next week too!

    Aloha, Kim
    TMITA/PCC Design Team member
    Check out the free weekly digi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my tutorial blog, distressing doesn´t have to be a lot just as you did with the edges! Anyway, gorgeous card and I am glad you made an effort and joined the challenge this week! Hugs Nilla TMITA/PCC

    ReplyDelete