Monday, October 19, 2009

A quick thank you card

I threw together this quick thank you card to send to the US Coast Guard Training Center in Yorktown (Thank you MKCS Tim Owens). We worked on a project with him at work, and I asked if he had anything he could send to me for my Grandpa (retired USCG). I was sent a hat, mug, and commermorative coin. I really think my Grandpa will like them, I plan on seeing Grandpa tonight. I wanted to pass on my gratitude for the items, and thought I could write a letter, but I have all this really fun Fall paper, so the Coast Guard gets a nice card. The paper is from a $1 pack picked up at Target. The pumpkin, punched with a Fiskars squeeze punch, is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, the center leaf is a left over from yesterday's project, but perfectly recycled to adorn this card. I stamped "thank you" on a tag and affixed it atop a strip of brown satin ribbon. Funny thing - this post seems to be taking longer than making the card itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment