Monday, March 8, 2010

Found some inspiration this weekend

I had a productive weekend. I scrapbook - well I used to. Then I got busy with the holidays and could not get back into it. I would try but I was not nearly as inspired as I had been, and I was not getting LO's done like I would have liked. I also fell into the world of card making, which involves a smaller work space, less supplies, and faster results, so I turned to making cards - a lot of cards. But I was feeling guilty about not scrapping, I take so many pictures, I like to be able to keep track of all the memories. So when I was at HL over the weekend, I saw the book "The Busy Scrapper" by Courtney Walsh, and read it cover to cover and took in as much inspiration as I could - I am happy to say it worked. It is a great book! I finished 3 Lo's yesterday afternoon, and have 8 more in the works in my head. So without further ado, here are 2 of them...

Another skating LO - this one for Jeff & I. I used a MS punch for the snowflake border on the right side. The photo mats are 4x4 and embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. Behind the mats are foil scallopped square mats cut with a nestie, and also embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. I got the idea to use aluminum foil from Nina over at 'There's Magic in the Air" I think it added a little something. I cut the skate out with SCAL 2, and added my own laces with embroidery floss. The skate blade is painted with silver Blingz (2 coats)

The dp is from DCWV All About Boys, it had Superman in the corner, but I trimmed the paper down and saved Superman for something else. The hat & wand are from google images, traced in SCAL 2 and cut & the hat is also shadowed. A little Artic Frost stickles were added to the ends of the wand. I found the star border online, cut it twice and the little stars are used to come out of the hat. I edged the border with a gold gel pen for definition. The letters were cut with SCAL 2 - using Core'dinations paper. I have a ton of this paper, but this is the first time I used it. I have been hoarding it for "just the right project" - I don't know why I do that, I buy stuff and don't use it. So I tried the paper. Black Magic with a yellow core, and it cuts well, and sands so easily. I am a little mad that I have waited to use it, and have wasted so many opportunities. That is definetly one of the tips I took out of the book, use what you have. My husband will be happy to not have me shopping, and I am going to enjoy all the "stuff" I bought, by actually using it.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's a bear to get back into it isn't it? I'm glad you found the book and got the motivation back. The layouts are wonderful! Good for you! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through your comment at Pixie Dust Studio, I think us Twilight fans should stick together :). I also am not a lover of the movies because they portray the Cullen's in such a cheesy way, KWIM.

    Great blog by the way, I can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete