Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Tree


This was big year for changes when it came to our Christmas tree.
First off, we went with a real tree. Jeff & I both were raised with artificial trees, and we continued that when we married. We both wanted to try a real tree, so we did. Now we can say we've done it,and I'm pretty sure we will be going back to our artificial tree.
Besides the messy needles and constant watering, the top of the tree is very crooked, I can't straighten it no matter what I try.

However, it is our first real tree, so it stays for this year.











The other big change are the colored lights. Again Jeff & I grew up with colored lights, but I love the beauty and simplicity of white lights, so we have had white lights. Rileigh has asked for colored lights for the past three years, so this year she got her wish.
Rileigh always puts the star on top of the tree because she does most of the decorating.

This year we also hung lots of ornaments from when I was a child - the kids liked the "new" additions.
Every year the kids get to pick out a new ornament for the tree, so we will do that this weekend.









Linking up with A Glimpse Inside "Show Me Your Tree"

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful! I am an artificial tree girl as well! I grew up with one and I love how easy it is! My husband grew up with a real tree but luckily he has never tried to get me to get a real one. I don't have any desire to mess with it so I had to laugh when you wrote "We can now say we did it, but will go back to artificial." haha

    Thanks so much for linking it up to my Holiday Open House! :)

    ReplyDelete